User-centered design research, user needs analysis, and dissemination material.
CHESS was an EC-funded FP7-ICT-2009-6 STREP project in the area of Digital Libraries and Digital Preservation, which ran from 02/2011 to 04/2014. makebelieve design & consulting participated in the CHESS project in various tasks.
makebelieve design & consulting created the dissemination material for CHESS, including the visual identity, promotional video, responsive design website, and brochures.
Dr Maria Roussou of makebelieve collaborated with The University of Athens who was the main technical research partner of CHESS. She was the work package leader of WP3 User-Centred Design & Scenarios and responsible for:
- identifying needs and establishing user requirements for multiple different end-users;
- contributing to the design of the experience scenarios;
- developing the narrative elements that comprised the storytelling foundation of the user experience;
- defining functional specifications;
- designing, carrying out and analyzing three major evaluation studies and multiple other evaluation studies involving more than 150 visitors at the Acropolis Museum in Athens.